Google+

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Meet our September Guest Designer


We hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day weekend!  We're back today to introduce our September Guest Designer, the very creative Natasha Naranjo Aguirre.  We all fell in love with her style and how she used our September kit, "Shabby Dreams".  

Now we will turn over the blog post to Natasha and let her tell you a little bit about herself and show you how she used this month's kit.

Hi!  My name is Natasha & I’m the mother of two wonderful children & the wife of an amazing, supportive man.  I am a floral designer by day and a scrapbook designer & mixed media artist by night.  I began crafting in 2010 when I married my soul mate.  He inspired and encouraged me to start creating.  My favorite things to create are scrapbook layouts and mixed media projects.  As for my scrapping style... I’m not really sure how to categorize my style.  :o)  I just create using products I love!  I like to incorporate different techniques in my work and use a variety of elements.  Every day I am inspired by the work and talent of others, and I hope to be able to inspire others with my work.

Love

For this layout, I used this month's Sketchabilities sketch. I really love the Kaisercraft die-cut shapes that coordinate with the papers. I layered several pieces beneath and around my photo. The pretty pink flower come in the flower add-on and the little roses were hand-made from the Kaisercraft papers. The adorable vellum envelope & tag is by Melissa Frances and comes in this month's embellishment add-on. I added a little journaling on the tag and tucked it away behind the doily.


Joy

I decided to keep this layout simple because the Kaisercraft papers are stunning alone! I cut apart a doily and stitched the edge to my layout, and I cut apart the pink vine from the flower add-on and added a small floral cluster beside my photo. The Kaisercraft die-cuts make perfect embellishments for this layout.


Beautiful Soul Canvas 

 This is a canvas that I made using this month's kit. Included in this month's kit is a stunning piece of lace that I cut apart and added to the cluster of hand-made roses. The roses were made from a combination of both Scrapberry's and Kaisercraft papers. To add texture to the background of my canvas, I used a damask stencil and texture medium.


Always Search Within

This layout focuses on the beautiful papers by Scraberry's. I decided to make this layout very muted to concentrate on the soft tones of lavender and mint in the papers. The Prima canvas alphas (included in this month's kit) were painted white and gently inked with lavender. I printed out a portion of my title and adhered it to the alphas.  For this layout I also used the lavender Manor House flowers from the flower add-on and the Prima iridescent circles from the embellishment add-on.


We're sure you will agree with us that Natasha is a wonderful designer and we feel very fortunate to have her with us this month.  She has inspired us all. 

We'll be back in a couple of days with our September Bits & Pieces Giveaway!

2 comments: